Education in XXI century becomes one of the most influential industries. The impact of educators and education technologies is extremely growing, while new aproaches and methods to teach and to learn appear constantly. Digital technology and networks disrupt traditional institutes. Education converges with work and entertainment and starts to be recognized as a lifestyle.
We will study and try formats and technologies from invited experts as well as developed by ourselves. The results are to be placed on roadmaps about future education and to be integrated into foresights.
Classes will be organized in the form of: (1) workshops led by experts and curators devoted to different areas of transforming education; and (2) “laboratory” meetings that through best practices from around the world will function as an “incubator” for creation new education teams, projects and programs, including individual guidance of existing ones.
In 2012 the workshop Administration and Methodology of Education was lauched. Up until now four thematic meetings were held.
Main course topics
- Introduction, history and world educational systems
- New education formats: massive open online courses, gamification in education, ad-hoc education and etc.
- Transforming formal education: trends, entrepreneurial universities, academia-industry relations
- Educational Policy and Forseights
Course reader examples
- Salman Khan on Education in 2060
- Metaver's Foresight Education 2030 and ASI's roadmap
- Ilya Oskov-Tsentsiper and Gatov on Socrates and Media
- Isak Frumin on new Universities (in Vedomosti 31.10.2012)
- Yury Lifhsits on How Web Changes Education Industry
- Pavel Durov on Elements of Education Systems in XXI
- Afisha #220, May 6th 2012 topic: Higher Education
- Winning the Education Future: The Role of ARPA-ED
- Pavel Luksha on Competences
- case studies (experts & reading)
- discussion sessions
- fill in the Application Form.
- go through the reader to get a general vision of main issues
- pass the interview
- allocate 6-8h a week to contribute to the studies
- January, 14 - entry applications are open
- February, 1 - application deadline (23:59 MSK)
- February, 2-12 - interviews and selection process (extended)
- February, 15 - organisational meeting (the exact time and place to be confirmed)
- June - project presentations and the end of the track
Please, address all questions regarding the track to: email@example.com.